Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Don't Listen to Me

I thought that before the first polls close I should add that my record of predicting election outcomes is ignominious. So if this prediction is off, it will be nothing new for me.

I am clearly not in tune with the masses. This is an electorate which gave the Arkansas hustler 2 terms and never took a real liking to 7-UP Gold.

On the other hand, my observation is that the block that put El Hefté over the top in both cases is one that seems to have broken for W. I call these the "Horserace Voters". They are the people who believe that the objective is to vote for the candidate you believe will win, rather like betting on a horserace. Apparently they have been given to believe that they win a piece of candy or something if they pick the winner.

Perhaps having our elections so close to Halloween is a bad idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home