Thursday, October 28, 2004

The USPS and Good Government Don't Mix

Yesterday I dropped my early ballot in the mail. I have always been uneasy about letting any unionized federal employee handle ballots, but for some reason I let myself be pursuaded about the convenience. Then I see this:
The Broward County Supervisor of Elections Office pointed a finger at the U.S. Postal Service on Tuesday for nearly 60,000 missing absentee ballots

Arrrgh!

Alright I am solidly back to the "never let the USPS touch your ballot" philosophy. Postal employees are too easily corrupted to be trusted. I might be willing to change my mind if the USPS and the Postal Workers' union were ever held responsible for any of this. They aren't.

How much do you want to bet the Broward county reports more votes counted then registered voters?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home